Women have the right to determine their own destiny. It is totally unacceptable that a small portion of society is attempting to overturn Roe v. Wade and cause a setback to women’s rights. A woman’s decision to end a pregnancy should be a private decision. The choice must always be the woman’s, not ever the government’s mandate.
Members of the LBGTQ community deserve to have full and equal protection under the law. LBGTQ Alabamians must have equality in the workspace and access to quality healthcare. There should be non-discriminatory laws to protect their human rights.
We should be enacting and enforcing laws that make it easier, not harder, for citizens to exercise their constitutional right to vote. We must fight for a system where each vote counts, eliminate partisan bias, and work for a fair voting process. In Congress, I will work to ensure that we are enacting legislation and enforcing laws that make it easier, not harder, for citizens to vote.
- Protect Roe v. Wade by passing the Women’s Health Protection Act to codify Abortion Rights
- Adopt equal pay legislation for women
- Continue supporting the Violence Against Women Act
- Fund women’s shelters for abuse, addiction, etc
- Support the Equality Act
- Support the John Lewis Every Child Deserves a Family Act
- Protect LGBTQ+ persons from medical, military, and housing discrimination
- Support the John Lewis Voting Rights Act and the Freedom to Vote Act
- Automatic voter registration for those 18 and older
- Provide formerly incarcerated individuals their voting rights
- End gerrymandering on both sides
- Remove dark money from elections
- No excuse for absentee voting